Vision and Mission – Deutsche Schule Pretoria
In this Vision & Mission Statement the Deutsche Schule Pretoria defines its core objectives and principles that guide the academic work and interaction at the school.
The school community of the Deutsche Schule Pretoria developed this Vision & Mission Statement at the end of 2011 in a jointly steered process and considers itself bound by it.
1. The Deutsche Schule Pretoria is a centre of German language and culture and at the same time maintains an international orientation. Education at this school is the basis for the development of tolerant and open-minded citizens.
2. Our school fosters and promotes sustainable external relations, particularly in southern Africa and with Germany.
3. Ethical norms and Christian values guide the interaction of all members of the school community. Cooperation is characterised mainly by sound communication as partners, mutual trust and motivation through recognition.
4. Our school is characterised by an active culture of democratic teaching and learning. This allows our learners to gain first-hand experience with democracy and helps them acquire social skills.
5. Our school community considers its cultural and social diversity as enrichment and promotes integration within and outside the school.
6. Our school provides a diverse offer in the fields of science, art and sport.
7. At our school qualified and team-oriented educators teach according to highest academic standards. They continuously improve the quality of our work and are regularly assessed through internal and external evaluations.
8. At our school all competence-oriented teaching and learning processes have the objective of deepening the knowledge of learners, of promoting their problem-solving abilities and of equipping them for self-directed learning.
9. At our school committed and open parents closely cooperate with all other school groups.
10. Learners leave our school as strong and confident personalities with a well-rounded education.